We will be delighted to welcome our students and staff back to on-campus learning over the course of Term IV. Following the announcement by the Victorian State Premier yesterday, I can confirm the following arrangements.
Phased return to on-campus learning
Saturday 19 September to Sunday 4 October
- School holidays will run as scheduled.
- Trial Examinations (now online) for VCE Unit 3&4 subjects from Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October.
Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October (First week of Term IV)
- Students in Years 7 – 12 will continue with off-campus learning on Monday 5 October.
- Students in Prep – Year 6 will continue with off-campus learning on Tuesday 6 October. That is, there will be no classes held for Grimwade House students on Monday 5 October in line with previously published Term dates.
- Year 11 and 12 students will attend on-site for essential assessments during this week, including the General Achievement Test on Wednesday 7 October.
- On-site supervision for children of permitted workers and vulnerable students will continue to be provided in line with the dates for the students to return to off-campus learning, as outlined above.
From Monday 12 October
- Students in Prep – Year 6 and in Years 11 and 12 will return to on-campus learning.
- Off-campus learning will continue for all students in Years 7 to Year 10. The staged return to on-campus learning for these year levels has not been announced and will depend upon direction from the Victorian Government and the Chief Health Officer.
- On-site supervision for children of permitted workers and vulnerable students will continue to be provided for Years 7 – 10.
Return of Boarders
- Year 11 and 12 Boarders can return to the Boarding House from 3.00pm on Sunday 4 October.
- Year 7 to 10 Boarders can return to the Boarding House when a return to on-campus learning is permitted for these students.
Further clarification and detail
The School Executive has drafted comprehensive return to school plans for Term IV. These will be updated based on yesterday’s Victorian Government announcements and over the next few days as we receive further clarification and advice from the Victorian Government, the Chief Health Officer and the Department of Health and Human Services. I will communicate these detailed plans to you by email on Thursday 1 October 2020.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and support.